Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Jeff Zemerick <jz...@apache.org> on 2017/08/18 18:56:04 UTC

Separate MiNiFi projects in JIRA

The MINIFI project in JIRA is currently a combination of issues for both
the C++ and Java implementations. Some issues for the C++ project do have
the C++ component set but some don't and it can sometimes be hard to easily
differentiate the issues by their titles. (There isn't a "Java" component
so a useful filter is hard to make.) Has there been any consideration given
to having separate JIRA projects for the C++/Java MiNiFi implementations?

Thanks,
Jeff

Re: Separate MiNiFi projects in JIRA

Posted by Jeff Zemerick <jz...@apache.org>.
I'm +1 to that. Best long term method, I'd think.

Posted by Andy Christianson <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
Glad to hear it! Thanks for taking the time.

-Andy I.C.

On 9/19/17, 9:57 AM, "Aldrin Piri" <al...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Hey folks,

    The new JIRA project is now live.  Please make use of that when filing C++
    related JIRAs.  I am going to start moving appropriate items to that
    instance.

Posted by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com>.
One final note, is that I intend to move all CPP related issues to this
tracker.  The full thought process is captured on the JIRA [1].

In quick summary though, JIRA will redirect all issues to their new
location/issue and versions are getting mapped to those in the MINIFICPP
project without the "cpp-" prefix.

Please share your feedback if this seems undesirable and we can figure out
a way that makes sense.

--aldrin

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFICPP-42?focusedCommentId=16172022&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-16172022

Posted by Jeff Zemerick <jz...@apache.org>.
Great! Thanks!

Posted by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com>.
Hey folks,

Posted by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com>.
Hey folks,

Posted by Andy Christianson <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Posted by Kevin Doran <kd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeff Zemerick <jz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tony Kurc <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevin Doran <kd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeff Zemerick <jz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andy Christianson <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Marc <ph...@apache.org>.
If we don't create a project, I"m guessing the label would serve to reduce
the number of unlabeled tickets by virtue of having some labeled as JAVA?
It seems that without separate projects we won't eliminate the problem,
entirely. It's a ticket creation issue, one of which I know I've caused at
some point. It seems a separate project is the most likely to yield the
desired result...

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andy Christianson <ac...@hortonworks.com>.