Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/25 09:33:03 UTC

Trafodion community growth plan

Hi All,

The podling has some of the basics set up, but what is the game plan for
community growth?

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

Re: Trafodion community growth plan

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 2:58 PM, Hans Zeller <ha...@esgyn.com> wrote:

> Sounds good, probably I'll just do a step-by-step list of instructions,
> starting with a new AWS instance, if that's ok. It may require installing a
> bunch of RPMs first.

Sounds good to me.
St.Ack

Posted by Hans Zeller <ha...@esgyn.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Hans Zeller <ha...@esgyn.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 1:12 PM, Stack <st...@duboce.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 1:06 PM, Suresh Subbiah <su...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> A couple things to add to this list. The first one came up in discussions
>> related to JIRA.
>> 5) When our JIRA infrastructure problems are solved we would set it where
>> any contributor or even registered JIRA user has the authority to assign
>> JIRA issues.
>> 6) One or more blogs would be nice to have.
>>

> Write a blog for the apache hbase blog on how to run trafodion on apache
> hbase (not cdh nor hdp)?

On that note: integration with Apache Bigtop will be a pretty big deal as well.
Especially given that Bigtop is gearing towards 1.0 release.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Trafodion community growth plan

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Suresh Subbiah <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dave,

A couple things to add to this list. The first one came up in discussions
related to JIRA.
5) When our JIRA infrastructure problems are solved we would set it where
any contributor or even registered JIRA user has the authority to assign
JIRA issues.
6) One or more blogs would be nice to have.

Thanks
Suresh