Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net> on 2006/10/03 20:40:11 UTC

Re: Jackrabbits own FileSystem and unit tests

sorry for the late response but I was on paternity leave...

Christoph Kiehl wrote:
> But isn't it necessary for the index data to be committed to the
> database/pm to get a transactional index? I mean if you commit the index
> changes from the redo.log in a new transaction you don't really gain
> anything compared to the current solution regarding transactional index
> behavior, do you?

I expect there will be a performance gain. rather than committing the
inverted index, which possibly requires segment optimizations in
lucene, simply appending to a log is much faster.

regards
  marcel