Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "zhichao.fei@hpe.com" <zh...@hpe.com> on 2015/09/14 09:09:08 UTC

How can I manually redelivery the message to source endpoint while an exception throws?

Hi All,

As we known, Camel has auto redelivery machanism, but sometimes, we need
re-delivery the message to source endpoint while delivery faild. Nomally, we
need to process below steps.

1. While an exception throws, we will save the Exchange/Message to the
database.
2. Provide a page to modify the Exchange/Message then click a button to
re-delivery the message.

How can I implement this scenario.

I appreciate if someone can provide good idea.

Zhi-Chao Fei

Re: How can I manually redelivery the message to source endpoint while an exception throws?

Posted by "zhichao.fei@hpe.com" <zh...@hpe.com>.
Hi Greg,

I appreciate your quickly response.
I know Camel has OnException to catch the exception, as well as the auto
re-delivery mechanism. But in some case, user hope they can manually to
resubmit the message.
For example, if the exception throws, we need serialize Message/Exchange
object as String and save it to database. Then user can correct the
message/exchange then deserialize the String as Message/Exchange object and
resubmit it.

Do you have any good solution for this scenario? If you can provide some
code example, I really appreciate.

Posted by Greg Autric <ga...@redhat.com>.
Hi Zhi-Chao Fei,

You can catch exception via OnException mechanism
http://camel.apache.org/exception-clause.html

If you can reply everything you want to the client (HTTP)

feel free to send your sample if needed

Greg AUTRIC
JBoss Middleware Consultant

email   : gautric __at__ redhat __dot__ com
twitter : @gautric_io

Red Hat Global Services
Red Hat France SARL                sit: http://www.redhat.fr
Le Linea, 1 rue du General Leclerc, 92047 Paris La Défense Cedex
Sent from webmail