Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/26 01:51:20 UTC

assembly: ITs failing: container-descriptors\custom-containerDescriptorHandler

This IT is failing in my environment:
  container-descriptors\custom-containerDescriptorHandler

I can't find any documentation to help work out what the following in
the assembly configuration means:
  <containerDescriptorHandlers>
    <containerDescriptorHandler>
      <handlerName>file.txt</handlerName>
    </containerDescriptorHandler>
  </containerDescriptorHandlers>

Anyone else got this problem?

Re: assembly: ITs failing: container-descriptors\custom-containerDescriptorHandler

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 12:12 AM, John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org> wrote:
> This is probably not a well-documented feature yet, as it's fairly new and
> we've been working out the kinks. Container-descriptor handlers aggregate
> content from things like components.xml, etc. in an intelligent way, rather
> than allowing one jar's descriptor to overwrite another's. The descriptor
> handlers are Plexus components, whose role-hint is entered in the section
> you mention below. The assembly plugin then looks up the specific handlers
> for use when it encounters references to them in the assembly descriptor.
>
> What is the specific error you're seeing?

The build succeeds buts the verify.bsh fails.

File: D:\ide\maven\maven-assembly-plugin\target\it\projects\container-descriptors\custom-containerDescriptorHandler\assembly\target\assembly-1-bin\b\file.txt
should not exist, but does.

Looking at the verify.bsh I think it expects to see a/file.txt merged
with b/file.txt into file.txt.
However all three files exist in the target directory and /file.txt is empty.

Re: assembly: ITs failing: container-descriptors\custom-containerDescriptorHandler

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.