Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Phillip Urrea <Ph...@esbic.ie> on 2001/10/18 17:54:17 UTC

RE: SOAP and Applets

Is there any lighter version of Apache SOAP which doesn't need such a
large xerces.jar file?? The file is originally 1,556kb and I managed to
get that down to 556kb with some trimming but that is very large for an
applet to download along with the SOAP jar file and the applet code
itself.
Has anyone found a way to slim down the size of the client?
Thanks.
Phillip Urrea

RE: SOAP and Applets

Posted by E B <he...@yahoo.co.uk>.
 --- Phillip Urrea <Ph...@esbic.ie> wrote: > >
Has anyone found a way to slim down the size of the
> client?

have a look at apache-axis.

Nokia Game is on again.
Go to http://uk.yahoo.com/nokiagame/ and join the new
all media adventure before November 3rd.

RE: SOAP and Applets

Posted by Ong Boon Pang <on...@coleridge.com.sg>.
Hi Phillip,

Can you please pass me a version of 556kb xerces.jar library? The 1/3 sized
library
will help my deployment via Java WebStart..The user needs only to wait for
the first time.
The following activation will not require any more download unless there
are changes.

Boon Pang
ongbp@coleridge.com.sg

RE: SOAP and Applets