Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Chris Barlock <ba...@us.ibm.com> on 2016/07/26 18:00:19 UTC

TopicMetadata Question

Starting with Kafka 0.8.2.1, we have some code that call
AdminUtils.fetchTopicMetadataFromZk.  This returned a
kafka.api.TopicMetadata object which provided some useful information
about the topic.  With 0.10.0.0, fetchTopicMetadataFromZk returns
org.apache.kafka.common.requests.MetadataResponse.TopicMetadata.  This
TopicMetadata does not have a toString method, so we get the rather
useless version from Object.

Does Kafka 0.10 provide some other way to get topic metadata?

Chris

Re: TopicMetadata Question

Posted by Chris Barlock <ba...@us.ibm.com>.
Thank you Radek, but that is also not very interesting.  topic() returns
just the topic name,   If there is no "easy" equivalent to getting the 0.8
kafka.api.TopicMetadata, it looks like I could get some information from
the PartitionMetadata that this TopicMetadata holds.

Chris

IBM Middleware
Research Triangle Park, NC
(919) 224-2240
Internet:  barlock@us.ibm.com

From:   Radoslaw Gruchalski <ra...@gruchalski.com>
To:     Chris Barlock/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, users@kafka.apache.org
Date:   07/26/2016 03:10 PM
Subject:        Re: TopicMetadata Question

Chris,

There is a .topic() method available on that object:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/blob/trunk/clients/src/main/java/org/apache/kafka/common/requests/MetadataResponse.java#L323

–
Best regards,
Radek Gruchalski
radek@gruchalski.com
de.linkedin.com/in/radgruchalski

*Confidentiality:*This communication is intended for the above-named
person
and may be confidential and/or legally privileged.
If it has come to you in error you must take no action based on it, nor
must you copy or show it to anyone; please delete/destroy and inform the
sender immediately.

Re: TopicMetadata Question