Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org> on 2020/03/07 14:38:08 UTC

Default Whitelist Auth - How to edit/override locally?

Morning All:

How do I:

A) override this setting:

def_whitelist_auth *@*.bridgestonegolf<munge>.com

B) remove it from the stock rules?

They have been spamming me and don't deserve a whitelist.

Regards,

KAM

--
Kevin A. McGrail
KMcGrail@Apache.org

Member, Apache Software Foundation

Re: Default Whitelist Auth - How to edit/override locally?

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.
> An entirely sufficient cause for removing a default whitelist entry.

Thank you on both counts

Posted by Bill Cole <sa...@billmail.scconsult.com>.
On 7 Mar 2020, at 9:38, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

> Morning All:
>
> How do I:
>
> A) override this setting:
>
> def_whitelist_auth *@*.bridgestonegolf<munge>.com

An "unwhitelist_auth" directive should work. From perldoc
Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf -

     unwhitelist_auth user@example.com
         Used to override a "whitelist_auth" entry. The specified email
address has to match exactly
         the address previously used in a "whitelist_auth" line.

         e.g.

           unwhitelist_auth joe@example.com fred@example.com
           unwhitelist_auth *@example.com

> B) remove it from the stock rules?

Get a committer to remove the line from trunk/rules/60_whitelist_auth.cf

Like in r1874953 :)

> They have been spamming me and don't deserve a whitelist.

An entirely sufficient cause for removing a default whitelist entry.

--
Bill Cole
Not For Hire (currently)