Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Anthony Martin <An...@TRAMS.com> on 2002/01/10 22:05:22 UTC

RE: cvs commit: jakarta-commons/logging/src/java/org/apache/commo

I'm not doing the build with Ant.  I use JBuilder5, which allows me to get
CVS updates and build on the spot.  But JBuilder5 is oblivious to build.xml.
It has it's own way of excluding files from the build which I have not
looked into.  So it looks like this is strictly a JBuilder5 issue.

Anthony

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@mdh.se>.
You can use Ant in JBuilder with the help of the AntRunner OpenTool. It
can be found at http://antrunner.sourceforge.net/

Anthony Martin wrote:

> I'm not doing the build with Ant.  I use JBuilder5, which allows me to get
> CVS updates and build on the spot.  But JBuilder5 is oblivious to build.xml.
> It has it's own way of excluding files from the build which I have not
> looked into.  So it looks like this is strictly a JBuilder5 issue.
>

> Anthony

Dennis Lundberg

RE: cvs commit: jakarta-commons/logging/src/java/org/apache/commo

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Anthony Martin wrote:

> Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 13:05:22 -0800
> From: Anthony Martin <An...@TRAMS.com>
> To: "'commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org'" <co...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: RE: cvs commit: jakarta-commons/logging/src/java/org/apache/commo
>
> I'm not doing the build with Ant.  I use JBuilder5, which allows me to get
> CVS updates and build on the spot.  But JBuilder5 is oblivious to build.xml.
> It has it's own way of excluding files from the build which I have not
> looked into.  So it looks like this is strictly a JBuilder5 issue.

All the build scripts for Jakarta code is based on Ant.  In particular,
you'll find that lots of it takes advantage of the conditional compilation
capabilities in Ant 1.4 to adapt to your environment (Tomcat 4's build
scripts define roughly 50 conditionals that affect what gets build).  One
quickly becomes hooked on that sort of control over your build
environment ...

> Anthony

Craig