Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Marrotte <ma...@homes.com> on 2005/04/11 22:50:59 UTC

Tomcat Cluster Sharing File System (NetApp)

In the midst of architecting a new system and considering clustering Tomcat
servers to share the same files from a NetApp mount point.  Specifically,
configuring multiple instances (server.xml) of Tomcat to share the same
/usr/local/tomcat, webapps, etc.  Does Catalina support this type (e.g.
master/slaves file share) of architecture?  Has anyone implemented this that
can comment on any issues?  I was wondering how things like autodeploy and
JSP compile would be coordinated between multiple instances.  I'm thinking
that each instance has it's own server.xml that controls that, but would
like to get a sanity check.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--Mike M.