Posted to dev@tiles.apache.org by "Davis, Steve (Aurora)" <da...@uk.innovation-group.com> on 2007/12/31 16:45:07 UTC

Getting the current tile name in Tiles2

Hi

I have a tag handler that is auto included on every JSP page request by
virtue of the "include-prelude" directive in my web.xml

I want to determine in another of my JSP tags on this auto included page
the URI name of the tile currently being processed.

For example, when the tile page "banner.jsp" is loaded as a tile, the
JSP fragment "dataAccess.jspf" is auto included. This contains a tag
handler that gets the data for the tile.

Unfortunately it only ever returns the template name i.e. "classic.jsp"
and not "banner.jsp"

Through debugging I can see that the requestDispatcherPath is indeed set
to "banner.jsp" but this is now accessible in the tag handler code (and
even if it was would be Catalina specific)

Any help gratefully received

Cheers Steve

Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not necessarily the company. The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential to The Innovation Group PLC and are solely for use by the intended recipient at the email address to which it has been addressed.

This email and any attachments may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than the intended recipient, nor may it be copied in any way.  If you have received this email in error, please forward a copy of this email to itsupport@uk.innovation-group.com and then delete it from your system.

The Innovation Group PLC: Registered in England 3256771
Registered Office: Yarmouth House 1300 Parkway Solent Business Park Whiteley Hampshire PO15 7AE UK
http://www.innovation-group.com

This email and any attachments has been swept for computer viruses. Neither The Innovation Group PLC nor the sender accept any responsibility for computer viruses once this email has been transmitted.

Re: Getting the current tile name in Tiles2

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
Please ask this question to the Tiles Users mailing list:
http://tiles.apache.org/mail.html
And please, clarify what you mean with "tile": do you mean "template"
or "attribute value"?

Antonio