Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Sweeny, Theo (Chief Customer Office)" <th...@directlinegroup.co.uk> on 2017/02/28 08:43:43 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: Apache 2.4 Mod Speling

Hi - I did some further digging around on Mod Speling and came across this forum - https://www.drupal.org/node/268561

It suggests that if Mod Rewrite is enabled alongside Mod Speling that there will be a conflict, resulting in Mod Speling not working.

Can anyone confirm if this is the case?

Theo

On 27 Feb 2017, at 09:57, Sweeny, Theo (Chief Customer Office) <th...@directlinegroup.co.uk>> wrote:

Hello - I am trying to implement mod_speling on Apache 2.4 running on RH v6.8. The idea so ignore case of the URL on the destination file system, by way of file names or directories.

There are multiple sites configured in the vhosts directory, each with it's own virtual hosts file. The spelling module has been enabled in the server config file /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf.

Inside one of the virtual host files the following has been added -

    <IfModule mod_speling.c>
             CheckSpelling on
CheckCaseOnly on
    </IfModule>

The server has been restared but the URL's are still case sensitive. Yes I know that all incoming URL's can be rewrote to lowercase but the problem is not all URL's in the configs are in lower case - hence the need for this module.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Theo

Direct Line Insurance Group plc. Registered in England & Wales No 02280426. Registered Office: Churchill Court, Westmoreland Road, Bromley, Kent, BR1 1DP

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only. If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer. You should not copy, print, distribute, disclose or use any part of it. Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure. By replying to this message you give your consent to our monitoring of your email communications with us. We do not accept responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent.

We cannot accept any liability for viruses transmitted via this email once it has left our network. We will never send e-mails requesting personal or confidential information. If you ever receive such an e-mail appearing to come from us, do not reply to it, instead please contact us immediately.