Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Ismail Al Kouz <iA...@bi-bst.com> on 2017/04/05 09:38:23 UTC

auto increment field

Hello Dears,
How I can define new field with auto-increment value on entity

Thanks to all

Best Regards,

Ismail Alkouz
Java Developer

P.O.Box 3516 Amman, 11821
The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan

Tel.                     +962 (6) 556 2620
Mob (Jordan).   +962 79 282 2098

/biict
@biict

Re: auto increment field

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
I think you cannot (and should not) depend on the database from OFBiz for
generating auto sequences.

So sequence banks are handled by OFBiz directly instead and depend on your
service implementation. If it is in Java, then you can use the
Delegator.getNextSeqId method.