Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Adam Prime <ad...@utoronto.ca> on 2009/07/27 06:03:36 UTC

restart_count (was: Re: Apache::DBI)

> Looks like we have a unit test for part of restart_count:
>

> phred@harpua ~/dev/svn/modperl/mod_perl-2.0 $ ack restart_count t/
> t/conf/post_config_startup.pl
> 110:    #    my $cnt = Apache2::ServerUtil::restart_count();
>
> t/htdocs/vhost/post_config.pl
> 6:$TestVhost::config::restart_count = Apache2::ServerUtil::restart_count();
>
> t/response/TestAPI/server_util.pm
> 59:    ok t_cmp Apache2::ServerUtil::restart_count, 2, "restart count";
>
> t/response/TestVhost/config.pm
> 21:our $restart_count;
> 37:        ok t_cmp($restart_count, 2, "PerlPostConfigRequire");

None of these tests anything behavoir after a restart.  restart_count
behaves as documented for the initial startup, it's just what it does on
subsequent restart/graceful's that differ.  I tried it with 2.2, and 2.0
versions of apache and saw the same thing.  This not being as documented
is somewhat concerning to me.  I went back to 2.0.1, and it that version
behaved the same as 2.0.4 for me.  I haven't looked at anything prior to
that though.

Adam