Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/18 12:33:30 UTC

Re: UIMA @ IKS-project

Hi all,
back from 2nd IKS [1] Workshop last friday in Rome where I had a speech/demo
about UIMA and Semantic Search.
It's been a nice experience and I would like to share with you some good
news.
Firstly I had some good feedback about UIMA in general from the people at
the workshop.
Bertrand Delacretaz, who is part of IKS as Day employee and also member of
ASF, had a good feeling about UIMA for semantic search to include inside IKS
stack [2].
The Nuxeo open source ECM [3] is developing its semantic search module on
the top of UIMA.
You can see some photos here [4].
My introduction slides are available at [5].
My demos were about a real estate market analysis tool which uses UIMA for
metadata extraction and an integration between UIMA and AlchemyAPI, I hope
to be able to provide the screecasts soon.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Cheers,
Tommaso

[1] : http://www.iks-project.eu