Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Timothy Larson <ti...@yahoo.com> on 2003/10/17 20:09:13 UTC

[BUG] [2.1CVS] Inner classes not being recompiled

[BUG] Inner classes not being recompiled
Observed in a Cocoon 2.1 snapshot from Oct 9, 2003.

Inner classes are not recompiled when file containing them is modified.
This may be the cause of the strange behaviour Bruno observed in this email:
  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=106631374030573&w=2
where he said "Strange though that this code compiles but fails at runtime..."
Based on my testing the outer class probably recompiled, but the inner class
files did not, causing their stale versions to be put in the jar.

My immediate workaround is to delete the offending inner class files from the
build directory before building.  I do not have time right now to dig in the
build system to solve the root of the problem.

--Tim Larson

http://shopping.yahoo.com

Re: [BUG] [2.1CVS] Inner classes not being recompiled

Posted by Timothy Larson <ti...@yahoo.com>.
--- Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 20:09, Timothy Larson wrote:
> > [BUG] Inner classes not being recompiled
> > Observed in a Cocoon 2.1 snapshot from Oct 9, 2003.
> >
> > Inner classes are not recompiled when file containing them is modified.
> > This may be the cause of the strange behaviour Bruno observed in this email:
> >   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=106631374030573&w=2
> > where he said "Strange though that this code compiles but fails at runtime..."
>
> nope, that's another problem, since I did a clean build...

Good to know.  In my case, I really do have a problem with inner classes not
being recompiled.  It is easy to work around, but we should fixed it sometime.

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.