Posted to dev@clerezza.apache.org by Oliver Strässer <ol...@getunik.com> on 2011/01/05 17:45:54 UTC

Release Management

hi @ all

I build many different Clerezza Applications and my projects depends every time on the snapshot versions of the different clerezza bundles.
We need different small releases of our software for our customers.
Because I depend on some snapshots, I can't release my project.
I supose, that I need to switch very fast to a new clerezza snapshot version, after releaseing clerezza - so I depend on snapshot in the future too.

What is the best practice to release my projects (using the release maven plug-in).
is there a known "best practise"?

or  could we set a shorter release intervall of clerezza bundles?

cheers
oli

--[cid:image001.png@01CBAD00.6667B930]<http://twitter.com/getunik>-[cid:image002.png@01CBAD00.6667B930]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/getunikcom/124320320041>----------------------------------------------

--getunik ag-------------------------------------------

  oliver straesser              oliver.straesser@getunik.com<ma...@getunik.com>
  hardturmstrasse 101    fon: +41 (0)44 388 55 88
  ch-8005 zuerich              fax: +41 (0)44 388 55 89

   --aktuelles getunik projekt-------------------------
   Agieren Sie lokal! Geo Marketing für Ihre E-Mail Kampagne: www.geomarketing.com<http://www.geomarketing.com/>

 --best of swiss web awards 2009------------------
   Gold & Silber für Connect2Earth / Bronze für WWF UK

we make the web a better place - www.getunik.com<http://www.getunik.com/>

P Bitte drucken Sie dieses E-Mail nur bei Bedarf aus. Die Umwelt dankt es Ihnen.

Re: Release Management

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@trialox.org>.
Hi Oli

It took quite a while for us to come close to a release, but I think we now
overcome the main obstacles and that we will release much more frequently in
future.

Using the maven release-plugin is the way to go. Releasing isn't possible
while there's a dependency on a snapshot version, but I think if a snapshot
version provide some advantages over the latest release and there's no
regression there's no reason to postpone release if such a release is
requested.

Cheers,
Reto