Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by dorwin <do...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/01 18:57:24 UTC

URLClassLoaderFirst (race condition?)

I'm having issues with class loading. I am migrating an old project to TomEE
from JBoss. The problem is that we are getting NoClassDefFound errors from
some classes. We have added the classes to the
openejb.classloader.forced-load property. The strange thing is that if I
debug the problem and step through the ClassNotFound's of the parent
classloaders, then everything works. This leads me to think there is a race
condition. This problem is also solved if I add references to the missing
classes to a @Startup EJB. The classloader that is attempting to load the
class is a URLClassLoaderFirst instance.

Thanks for any help,

Dorwin