Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Hong Yu (hoyu2)" <ho...@cisco.com> on 2007/09/14 23:01:01 UTC

T5 & JSP Tag Libarary

Hi,

I'm evaluating different web development framework right now and I have
found T5 very attractive. We have a large JSP Tag library that corporate
uses to enforce the standard interface look&feel. My question is whether
it is possible to use T5 and our corporate JSP Tag library together.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hong

Re: T5 & JSP Tag Libarary

Posted by Christian Gruber <ch...@gmail.com>.
Tapestry, particularly T5 uses XML/xhtml as a template, not a
scripting language.  It doesn't interpret tags via the standard JSP
tag system, if I am not mistaken.

JSPs are converted to servlet code which is then compiled.  No such
transformation happens in Tapestry.  So while you might be able to use
the existing underlying JSP code to lay out your templates
structurally, you are certainly not able to use your taglibs.  It's
sort of like asking if you can use your Visual Basic code in your new
Java Program.  You can use it to inform your creation of the java
logic, but you can't just use it as it is - not the same kind of system.

Unless I have completely misunderstood.

Christian.

Re: T5 & JSP Tag Libarary

Posted by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk>.