Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by sunsetartproducts <ha...@yahoo.com> on 2007/03/10 02:43:46 UTC

Re: [2] Auto-whitelist mailets?

I found that the default configuration needed a bit of tweaking, The default
let you either auto whitelist or manually add and remove, but not both. If
you set it to auto whitelist, your e-mails to whitelist.manager@<host> got
dumped as error message user not found. If you removed the
SMTPAuthSuccessful matcher, then you could send e-mail to the
whitelist.manager, but the auto whitelisting did not work.

To get around this and allow both auto whitelisting and manual queries and
entries, I had to change the configuration making two matchers, one with the
list of users, one with the whitelistmanager specified as follows:

         <mailet match="SenderIs=<comma delimited list of users' adresses
here>" class="WhiteListManager" onMailetException="ignore">
           <repositoryPath> db://maildb </repositoryPath>
            <automaticInsert>true</automaticInsert>
         </mailet>

      <mailet match="RecipientIs=whitelist.manager@xxx.yyy"
class="WhiteListManager" onMailetException="ignore">
           <repositoryPath> db://maildb </repositoryPath>

<whitelistManagerAddress>whitelist.manager@xxx.yyy</whitelistManagerAddress>
            <displayFlag>display</displayFlag>
            <insertFlag>insert</insertFlag>
            <removeFlag>remove</removeFlag>
         </mailet>

Unfortunately the list of users is cumbersome, I couldn't get it to
recognize the SMTPAuthSuccessful matcher to accept that as proof of the
source of the whitelist entry. No matter what I did, I couldn't get the
SMTPAuthSuccessful to auto add to the whitelist, it just seemed to ignore
the matcher.
Maybe someone can figure that out, as the SenderIs matcher runs the risk of
a spoofed e-mail from line adding a whole bunch of addresses from a CC: line
to your whiteist.