Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net> on 2011/03/08 12:05:54 UTC

[Studio][Shared] Moving back to version '2.2.0' for 'maven-bundle-plugin'

Hi guys,

The move to version '2.3.4' of the 'org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin' seem to generate wrong MANIFEST.MF files with Export-Packages including 'provided' dependencies in our Studio library plugins.

I'll move back to version '2.2.0' in Studio's parent pom in order to fix this issue.

This problem might also affect Manifest files for Shared and API. I will take a look at it too.

I will try to demonstrate the issue on a simpler project and open an issue on Felix's JIRA if I'm able to reproduce it.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

Re: [Studio][Shared] Moving back to version '2.2.0' for 'maven-bundle-plugin'

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
On 8 mars 2011, at 12:58, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> On 3/8/11 12:05 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> The move to version '2.3.4' of the 'org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin' seem to generate wrong MANIFEST.MF files with Export-Packages including 'provided' dependencies in our Studio library plugins.
>>
>> I'll move back to version '2.2.0' in Studio's parent pom in order to fix this issue.
>>
>> This problem might also affect Manifest files for Shared and API. I will take a look at it too.
>>
>> I will try to demonstrate the issue on a simpler project and open an issue on Felix's JIRA if I'm able to reproduce it.
>
> Ok. Eventually, it would be good to fill a Maven JIRA for this plugin.

Yeah that's exactly what I meant above.

Jira filled -> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-2873

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
On 3/8/11 12:05 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> The move to version '2.3.4' of the 'org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin' seem to generate wrong MANIFEST.MF files with Export-Packages including 'provided' dependencies in our Studio library plugins.
>
> I'll move back to version '2.2.0' in Studio's parent pom in order to fix this issue.
>
> This problem might also affect Manifest files for Shared and API. I will take a look at it too.
>
> I will try to demonstrate the issue on a simpler project and open an issue on Felix's JIRA if I'm able to reproduce it.

Ok. Eventually, it would be good to fill a Maven JIRA for this plugin.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [Studio][Shared] Moving back to version '2.2.0' for 'maven-bundle-plugin'

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 1:05 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> The move to version '2.3.4' of the 'org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin'
> seem to generate wrong MANIFEST.MF files with Export-Packages including
> 'provided' dependencies in our Studio library plugins.
>
> I'll move back to version '2.2.0' in Studio's parent pom in order to fix
> this issue.
>
> This problem might also affect Manifest files for Shared and API. I will
> take a look at it too.

Yes I thought I messed something up. Studio's manifests were showing all
kinds of false exports and the screen lit up with red markers.

I was about to report on this after changing eclipse, cleaning repos etc to
confirm. Thanks for coming out with this issue early.

Regards,
Alex