Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Andrea Bencini <an...@tin.it> on 2006/12/05 19:51:32 UTC

user_prefs

I installed
postfix-2.2.8
amavisd-new-2.4.1
clamav-0.88.6
and
spamassassin-3.1.3

I would like to use  local Bayesian database for each user.
Example
For andrea user I created the directory
/home/andrea/.spamassassin
and with sa-learn (ham/spam) I created in that directory bayes_*
with user ham/spam e-mail.
Then I created in that directory user_prefs file and I put it
bayes_path  /home/andrea/.spamassassin/bayes
bayes_file_mode 0770

I would test what I did. How can I do?Spamassassin should to use andrea
bayesian database for andrea e-mail and not sharing bayesian database(these
are in /var/amavis/.spamassassin)

Thank
Andrea

Re: user_prefs

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 07:51:32PM +0100, Andrea Bencini wrote:
> I would test what I did. How can I do?Spamassassin should to use andrea
> bayesian database for andrea e-mail and not sharing bayesian database(these
> are in /var/amavis/.spamassassin)

If running SA in site-wide mode (such as using Amavis), you can't have
per-user configs or databases.  If you want per-user stuff, you have to run SA
at delivery time, which typically happens through something like procmail.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"Say "No" to cannabalism: Friends don't let friends eat friends." - Jeff Stilson