Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Remmerie Bart <Ba...@elia.be> on 2005/01/25 17:02:10 UTC

EHCache : another conflict with Hibernate

I just upgraded both cocoon & hibernate with the following problems as a
result when starting up cocoon:

1. build/webapp/WEB-INF/lib/cocoon-2.1.6-dev.jar!/org/
 apache/cocoon/components/store/impl/ehcache.xml:66: Element
 <defaultCache> does not allow attribute "diskPersistent".

A fix existed for this problem:
Hibernate comes with an older version of ehcache.jar. Cocoon contains
ehcache-1.0.jar, I removed the oldest version and  everything seems to work
fine. (cfr. Ugo Cei)

2. java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.objectweb.asm.ClassVisitor.visit...
One of the jar-files needed for Hibernate cglib-full.jar contains the
ClassVisitor class in a different version than Cocoon (see asm-1.5.2.jar &
asm-util-1.5.2.jar)

My fix for this problem: I simply deleted the asm-1.5.2.jar &
asm-util.1.5.2.jar
I'm afraid that one day or another, I will regret this.
Can anyone point out if I'm taking a risk here (I'm not a 'behind the
scenes'-expert) ?

Anyway, now I'm just left with a nullpointerexception (session is closed)
which I'll manage to fix myself (I hope), but at least Cocoon starts up.

Thanks,
Bart

This message and its attachments may contain confidential information protected by intellectual property rights or other rights & is strictly for the exclusive use of the intended recipient. It is strictly prohibited to copy, alter or disclose this message or its contents to any other person without Elia's prior consent. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please inform the person who sent it and delete the message from your system. Elia is not liable for any direct or indirect damage arising from errors, inaccuracies or any loss in the message, from unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of it or as a result of any virus being passed on. This message does not constitute any commitment from Elia except when expressly otherwise agreed between the intended recipient and Elia.

U vindt de Nederlandse versie van deze disclaimer op onze internetsite  www.elia.be

Vous pouvez découvrir la version française de ce disclaimer sur notre site internet www.elia.be