Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Patrick Bray <pa...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/02 05:56:32 UTC

Re: JMS Component - Activation Spec

Thanks for your quick response Claus. I have read your book and it has been a
great help in getting up and running using Camel.

One quick question. I understand that camel-jms uses spring-jms under the
hood and as such I am hoping that the below will be possible:

I am hoping to extend the DefaultMessageListenerContainer so that I can
modify the JMS re-connection logic to use an exponential back off. I have
this implemented and tested however I can't see how I can wire in a custom
MessageListenerContainer to the JMS Component.

>From looking through the source of the JmsComponent I can see that the
container is created within the JmsConfiguration
chooseMessageListenerContainerImplementation method.

Is this possible or would we need to modify the existing JMS Component in
order to achieve this?

Re: JMS Component - Activation Spec

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 5:56 AM, Patrick Bray <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your quick response Claus. I have read your book and it has been a
> great help in getting up and running using Camel.
>
> One quick question. I understand that camel-jms uses spring-jms under the
> hood and as such I am hoping that the below will be possible:
>
> I am hoping to extend the DefaultMessageListenerContainer so that I can
> modify the JMS re-connection logic to use an exponential back off. I have
> this implemented and tested however I can't see how I can wire in a custom
> MessageListenerContainer to the JMS Component.
>
> From looking through the source of the JmsComponent I can see that the
> container is created within the JmsConfiguration
> chooseMessageListenerContainerImplementation method.
>
> Is this possible or would we need to modify the existing JMS Component in
> order to achieve this?

Yeah see the messageListenerContainerFactoryRef option at
http://camel.apache.org/jms

And you need to set consumerType=Custom to enable this.

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Email: cibsen@redhat.com