Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Yong Wang <wy...@yahoo.com> on 2002/12/19 16:58:39 UTC

jsessionid problem with a new window (HTA)

Hi, I have a web application running on Tomcat 4.1 and
has to support both regular browser and HTA. On one of
the pages, I need to pop up a new window to display a
PDF file generated by a servlet. The servlet needs to
use some information stored in the session to generate
the PDF content. So this new window has to use the
same session as the original window. I use a
javascript o append the jsessionid to the end of the
URL as such:

javascript:window.parent.do_submit_popup('PrintReport',null,'_new');

which produces something like:

http://localhost:8080/dms/do/PrintReport;jsessionid=CE368CD99D2E46099FDDC39A4920CE55

The problem is occassionally, the new popup window
would somehow be assigned a new session and therefore
can't access the information expected in the original
session. This problem is so transient that it would
occur all of sudden and then go away a while later.

I would appreciate any hint or insight on this issue.
Pls let me know if you need any other info. Thanks!

=====

// My alternate email: yongwang@mindspring.com