Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tomcat User new <to...@yahoo.com> on 2001/09/25 20:35:08 UTC

Novice on Tomcat

I've installed the latest version of Tomcat, and i
would like make a directory "memory" into webapps
directory. This is simple, i've created the directory,
an a index.jsp very simple, but when i type in the
browser http://localhost:8080/memory it doesn't work.

I tried to put a lines in server.xml in the conf
directory

<context path="/memory" docbase="memory"..
etc..
<context/>

but it' doesn't work , and when i stop tomcat, an
error appears, my questions are:

Someone has a guide to make easy the configuration of
tomcat, specifically the server.xml and the
applications into the webapps directory?

how do i make a ".war" file?

I hope you can help me, thanks and sorry but i'm a
novice programmer.

Tomcat Boy