Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Chris Rovers <ch...@mks.com> on 2004/12/06 22:44:38 UTC

Jetspeed 1.5, LDAP, Active Directory

Hi,

I'm looking to implement Jetspeed 1.5 in an internal portal environment
- ie, all users are employees of my company.  We use Active Directory as
our internal authentication mechanism - this is accessible via LDAP, but
obviously, I cannot influence the AD structure.

We'd be using Oracle as our backend database, that's our standard.

I see lots of questions regarding this, but I don't see any solutions -
how can I provide authentication through AD/LDAP and still allow
customizations?  I wouldn't want the users to have to have to register
or to have to use a different username/password combo.  In otherwords,
the first time a new user logged in, it'd have to set up default pages,
etc.  Is this possible with JetSpeed?

We've got a reasonable amount of Java expertise available, but we'd
prefer to keep things as standard as possible.

Thanks very much

-cdr