Posted to dev@shardingsphere.apache.org by 余惠强 <gi...@163.com> on 2021/01/26 14:56:33 UTC

the timeline of v5.0.0

Dear developers of shardingsphere,

We're going to use shardingsphere in our project, but so far the v5 still in alpha version. Do you have any plan when it will release official v5.0.0? We need know the time to decide we should use 4.x or we can use 5.0 in our project.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Giggs
2021.1.26

Re: the timeline of v5.0.0

Posted by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org>.
Thank you for interesting, the version 5.x is still dev mode, we plan
release 5.0.0-beta on March, and may release stable version on May.
The api of 5.x is different with 4.x. I suggest you can try and test 5.x,
and report bugs via GitHub issue. and then you can use it after stable
version release.

Sincerely,
Liang Zhang (John)
Apache ShardingSphere