Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by António <an...@hotmail.com> on 2014/05/25 13:07:58 UTC

My problems with OpenOffice

Hello
My name is António and I've some questions for you to resolve my problems.
So my biggest problem with OpenOffice is working on my laptop and doing
work from school
In my school all computers use Microsoft Office. When I do works there
in PowerPoint, Word...
When I get back home to open the works in OpenOffice the works are all
disconfigured.
Like the pictures are on top of the texts and the texts are spread all
over the places...
Why I can not return home with all my work in the same place and
continue to do it?
There is any options in OpenOffice to resolve that or it's the problem
of the compatibility ?

Thanks
António

Re: My problems with OpenOffice

Posted by Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <an...@pitonyak.org>.
On 05/25/2014 07:07 AM, António wrote:
> Hello
> My name is António and I've some questions for you to resolve my
> problems.
> So my biggest problem with OpenOffice is working on my laptop and
> doing work from school
> In my school all computers use Microsoft Office. When I do works there
> in PowerPoint, Word...
> When I get back home to open the works in OpenOffice the works are all
> disconfigured.
> Like the pictures are on top of the texts and the texts are spread all
> over the places...
> Why I can not return home with all my work in the same place and
> continue to do it?
> There is any options in OpenOffice to resolve that or it's the problem
> of the compatibility ?

I think that you said:

1. You edit files in MSO
2. You open the files in AOO and the formatting is not correct.

What file format are you using? Sometimes you can fix the problem by
using a different file format. For example, write a .doc file rather
than a .docx file. I have more experience in the word processing area
than in presentations, but, at least with word processing, the choice of
how an image is anchored can make all the difference. For example, I
like to anchor my images as a character and they seem to export just
fine between Word and Write. Just wanted to mention it.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php

Re: My problems with OpenOffice

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
Yes, you can use OpenOffice anywhere using the OpenOffice portabl apps
where OpenOffice LIVES in your USB or SD card. So you can have your work
and your application withing the same USB. Download it from our website
here:
http://www.openoffice.org/porting/

Only

On Sun, May 25, 2014 at 6:07 AM, António <an...@hotmail.com>wrote:

> Hello
> My name is António and I've some questions for you to resolve my problems.
> So my biggest problem with OpenOffice is working on my laptop and doing
> work from school
> In my school all computers use Microsoft Office. When I do works there in
> PowerPoint, Word...
> When I get back home to open the works in OpenOffice the works are all
> disconfigured.
> Like the pictures are on top of the texts and the texts are spread all
> over the places...
> Why I can not return home with all my work in the same place and continue
> to do it?
> There is any options in OpenOffice to resolve that or it's the problem of
> the compatibility ?
>
> Thanks
> António

Alexandro Colorado