Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by haleh mahbod <hm...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/12 23:39:26 UTC

website - SCA Java developer Guide & Get Involved - can they be merged?

Hi,

Content of these two links are very similar

http://cwiki.apache.org/TUSCANY/java-sca-developer-guide.html

and

http://cwiki.apache.org/TUSCANY/sca-java-development.html

Audience for both of these pages seem to be the developer who wants to get
involved in Java SCA.
We are using the 'get involved' link in each subproject  for information
that helps developers to get involved.

Can information on these two pages be merged or was
http://cwiki.apache.org/TUSCANY/java-sca-developer-guide.html

created for another purpose?

Haleh

Re: website - SCA Java developer Guide & Get Involved - can they be merged?

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On 4/13/07, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 4/13/07, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > The content in the java-sca-developer-guide looks most up to date to me.
> > I'm
> > not sure that the first section on principles should really be there in
> > this
> > developer guide though, and I'd also like to greatly simplify the
> sections
> > on coding and testing standards if no one has an objection to that?
> >
> >    ...ant
> > <http://cwiki.apache.org/TUSCANY/java-sca-developer-guide.html>
> > On 4/12/07, haleh mahbod <hm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Content of these two links are very similar
> > >
> > > http://cwiki.apache.org/TUSCANY/java-sca-developer-guide.html
> > >
> > > and
> > >
> > > http://cwiki.apache.org/TUSCANY/sca-java-development.html
> > >

> > > Audience for both of these pages seem to be the developer who wants to
> > get
> > > involved in Java SCA.
> > > We are using the 'get involved' link in each subproject  for
> information
> > > that helps developers to get involved.
> > >
> > > Can information on these two pages be merged or was
> > > http://cwiki.apache.org/TUSCANY/java-sca-developer-guide.html
> > >
> > > created for another purpose?
> > >
> > > Haleh
> > >

> I've no objection Ant I just pulled together what I could find to try and
> get it in one place. We shouldn't loose useful info though;-)

Ok, I've had a go at redo'ing the coding/testing section to more match the
reality of how things are being done. I've not changed the top section yet,
some of the things there seem like they should be made much more visible
than buried away here in the developer guide, for example the bits about not
being a reference implementation, trying to make SOA systems easier and that
its under the ASL, how about these types of things are moved to the Tuscany
home page?

   ...ant

Re: website - SCA Java developer Guide & Get Involved - can they be merged?

Posted by haleh mahbod <hm...@gmail.com>.
the 'get involved ' link under development section is the guide for
developers to get involved. Let's keep this consistent across all projects.

There has been multiple discussions for coding/testing in the community. Any
changes you make needs to be agreed to first.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.