Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Mayur Rustagi <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/28 07:03:25 UTC

Update on Pig on Spark initiative

Hi,
We have migrated Pig functionality on top of Spark passing 100% e2e for
success cases in pig test suite. That means UDF, Joins & other
functionality is working quite nicely. We are in the process of merging
with Apache Pig trunk(something that should happen over the next 2 weeks).
Meanwhile if you are interested in giving it a go, you can try it at
https://github.com/sigmoidanalytics/spork
This contains all the major changes but may not have all the patches
required for 100% e2e, if you are trying it out let me know any issues you
face

Whole bunch of folks contributed on this

Julien Le Dem (Twitter),  Praveen R (Sigmoid Analytics), Akhil Das (Sigmoid
Analytics), Bill Graham (Twitter), Dmitriy Ryaboy (Twitter), Kamal Banga
(Sigmoid Analytics), Anish Haldiya (Sigmoid Analytics),  Aniket Mokashi
 (Google), Greg Owen (DataBricks), Amit Kumar Behera (Sigmoid Analytics),
Mahesh Kalakoti (Sigmoid Analytics)

Not to mention Spark & Pig communities.

Regards
Mayur Rustagi
Ph: +1 (760) 203 3257
http://www.sigmoidanalytics.com
@mayur_rustagi <https://twitter.com/mayur_rustagi>

Re: Update on Pig on Spark initiative

Posted by Russell Jurney <ru...@gmail.com>.
This is really exciting! Thanks so much for this work, I think you've
guaranteed Pig's continued vitality.

--
Russell Jurney twitter.com/rjurney russell.jurney@gmail.com datasyndrome.com

Re: Update on Pig on Spark initiative