Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Amin Mohd Sani <am...@onsemi.com> on 2005/07/05 02:42:05 UTC

RE: struts-html.tld

Dear All,

When I use tomcat for the below line it can run perfectly.

<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld" prefix="html" %>

Then I switch to jboss, it complains that it cannot find the file.

Any idea what is wrong?

TIA.

Re: struts-html.tld

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ja...@wendysmoak.com>.
From: "Amin Mohd Sani" <am...@onsemi.com>
> When I use tomcat for the below line it can run perfectly.
> <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld" prefix="html" %>
> Then I switch to jboss, it complains that it cannot find the file.
> Any idea what is wrong?

Assuming a Servlet 2.3 or better container, you don't have to place the tld
files "loose" under WEB-INF.  They're in the various .jar files, and can be
located there if you use the correct URI.

To find out what that is, look in the struts.jar file for the tld you're
interested in, (struts-html.tld in this case,) find the part that looks like
this:
   <uri>http://struts.apache.org/tags-html</uri>
And use that as the uri attribute of your taglib directive:
   <%@ taglib uri="http://struts.apache.org/tags-html" prefix="html" %>

Disclaimer:  I don't use JBoss.  But I would be very surprised if this
didn't work there as well as in standalone Tomcat.

--
Wendy Smoak