Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by "Pugh, Eric" <EP...@MuseumCompany.com> on 2002/02/06 20:25:42 UTC

did sun.jdbc.odvc.JdbcOdbcDriver get dropped from DBFactory?

Hi all,

I am trying to use the standalone torque, and I built the version from CVS
on Monday.  In it, the DBFactory initializeDriverToAdapterMap doesn't map
the driver I have been using to connect to MS SQL Server:
sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver.

I notice that is isn't in the initializeDriverToAdapterMap, is this because
only the recommend drivers are put in here?

When I try and do a select on my base peer, my
oat.adapter.DBFactory.create() method throws the error "Unknown JDBC driver:
sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver: check your configuration file on line 218 of
DBFactory.  But, as far as I can tell, if an adapter doesn't exist in the
method, then it never is dynamically added..

Is this correct?  Or is it that my class paths are messed up and I am not
finding the correct class...?  The old turbine version of the DBFactory.java
class works differeintly, and doesn't ahve the
initializeDriverToAdapterMap...

Eric

Re: did sun.jdbc.odvc.JdbcOdbcDriver get dropped from DBFactory?

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.
Submit a patch.

john mcnally