Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/24 21:54:51 UTC

[math] Volunteer for the new TLP PMC

Please respond to this thread if you are a Commons Committer
interested in joining the PMC for the new TLP based on [math].

Thanks!

Phil

Re: [math] Volunteer for the new TLP PMC

Posted by Otmar Ertl <ot...@gmail.com>.
It would be an honor to join.

Otmar

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.

Posted by William Barker <wi...@gmail.com>.
I'd be honored to join the new PMC. I may not be super active on the coding
side, but am happy to provide oversight

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
I'd happy and honored to join you all even though I am not a pure math guy.
I believe I may have experience and sometimes a different perspective that
might help (or not ;-)

Gary

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
On 1/25/16 6:05 AM, Gilles wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Jan 2016 13:54:51 -0700, Phil Steitz wrote:
>> Please respond to this thread if you are a Commons Committer
>> interested in joining the PMC for the new TLP based on [math].
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Phil
>
> I'm interested in as much as I'm being curious to see if it
> will change anything! :-}

Does this mean you are volunteering for the PMC?

Phil

Posted by William Barker <wi...@gmail.com>.
On Monday, January 25, 2016, Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Jan 2016 13:54:51 -0700, Phil Steitz wrote:
>
>> Please respond to this thread if you are a Commons Committer
>> interested in joining the PMC for the new TLP based on [math].
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Phil
>>

> I'm interested in as much as I'm being curious to see if it
> will change anything! :-}
>
> There were a few "negative" arguments, that is was better to
> stop "annoying" the other Commons projects. [To which some
> responded that they'd prefer the status quo.]
>
> The rationale concerning the size, scope, and management of
> Commons Math, (and how different it was from all the other
> Commons components), I had brought up on several occasions in
> the past.
>
> What has changed?
>
> What are the "positive" arguments?
>
> To be crystal-clear, if the new PMC is composed of the same
> people who are the regular contributors to the Commons Math
> project, i.e. with the same confronting blocks, I don't see
> from where the incentive towards a different development policy
> will come.
>
> Various points have been brought up in (too often heated)
> discussions (JDK version, development and release policies
> such as compatibility, refactoring, multi-threading, exception
> handling, etc.).
>
> I think that the volunteers for the new PMC should list their
> opinion on fundamental issues that obviously define a "vision"
> of the project.

Until there is a new PMC there isn't  anyone to vote on campaign platforms
:). That is a discussion for the new PMC

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <lu...@spaceroots.org>.
Le 24/01/2016 21:54, Phil Steitz a écrit :
> Please respond to this thread if you are a Commons Committer
> interested in joining the PMC for the new TLP based on [math].

I would be honored to join the new PMC.

best regards,
Luc

Posted by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 9:54 PM, Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please respond to this thread if you are a Commons Committer
> interested in joining the PMC for the new TLP based on [math].

Hi Phil,

thanks for pushing this whole issue!

I am happy to volunteer for the new PMC to be formed.

Thomas

Re: [math] Volunteer for the new TLP PMC

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
On 1/24/16 1:54 PM, Phil Steitz wrote:
> Please respond to this thread if you are a Commons Committer
> interested in joining the PMC for the new TLP based on [math].
>
> Thanks!
>
> Phil

Here is my own volunteering :)

Phil