Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Maxim Kramarenko <ma...@trackstudio.com> on 2010/05/14 20:36:24 UTC

cannot loadbalance node

Hello!

When I am trying to run loadbalance, I got the following error message:
[root@cas2 bin]# sh nodetool -h localhost loadbalance
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: data
is currently moving to this node; unable to leave the ring

I am actually run loadbalance on another node, but it was 3-4 days ago,
I have just 100GB data (3 nodes), so I expect that data relocate should
be already done.

streams show nothing interest too:
===
[root@cas2 bin]# sh nodetool -h localhost streams
Mode: Node is drained
  Nothing streaming to /172.19.0.30
Not receiving any streams.
[root@cas2 bin]#
===

Re: cannot loadbalance node

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like a bug.  Can you create a ticket at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA ?

As a workaround, it should recover if you shut down the node and
restart it.  If restarting the single node doesn't work, restarting
the entire cluster will.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra