Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Jakub Stransky <st...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/04 16:01:44 UTC

oozie 4.1.0 louncher fail with OozieLauncherInputFormat$EmptySplit not found

Hello experienced oozie users,

we have upgraded our infrastructure from hdp 2.0 to hdp 2.2 which means
upgrade from hadoop 2.2.0 to 2.6.0 and oozie from 4.0.0 to 4.1.0. We are
using simple authentication etc. When the job gets submitted oozie launcher
is failing with following:

2015-02-04 09:56:33,364 WARN [main]
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild: Exception running child :
java.io.IOException: Split class
org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.OozieLauncherInputFormat$EmptySplit not
found
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.getSplitDetails(MapTask.java:363)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runOldMapper(MapTask.java:423)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild$2.run(YarnChild.java:163)
    at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1628)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild.main(YarnChild.java:158)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class
org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.OozieLauncherInputFormat$EmptySplit not
found
    at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClassByName(Configuration.java:1982)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.getSplitDetails(MapTask.java:361)
    ... 7 more

2015-02-04 09:56:33,373 INFO [main] org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Task:
Runnning cleanup for the task

Found that this classes are contained in oozie share/lib uploaded to HDFS
to /user/${user.name}/share/lib according to oozie-site.xml configuration:

<property>
  <name>oozie.service.WorkflowAppService.system.libpath</name>
  <value>/user/${user.name}/share/lib</value>
</property>

where ${user.name} is user under which oozie server is running e.g. oozie.
For some reason those libs doesn't get propagated to
mapreduce.application.classpath and hence ClassNotFoundException.

Tried to change following property to true:

   <property>
    <name>use.system.libpath.for.mapreduce.and.pig.jobs</name>
    <value>true</value>
  </property>

But with no difference. I am not sure what I am missing in installation
instruction here
<http://oozie.apache.org/docs/4.1.0/DG_QuickStart.html#Oozie_Share_Lib_Installation>

Any hint would be appreciated.

Thx

Re: oozie 4.1.0 louncher fail with OozieLauncherInputFormat$EmptySplit not found

Posted by Purshotam Shah <pu...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
You sharelib setup is correct and if you are still getting OozieLauncherInputFormat$EmptySplit not found, then i guess you might have old sharelib jars which doesn't contain OozieLauncherInputFormat.
Can you try with setting oozie.action.ship.launcher.jar = true in oozie-default.xml

Puru.

Posted by Jakub Stransky <st...@gmail.com>.
I used oozie-default.xml from Hortonworks companion files and that was
missing

Posted by Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Jakub Stransky <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mohammad,