Posted to user@kylin.apache.org by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org> on 2019/09/02 02:52:10 UTC

Re: query concurrency

Hello,

Usually, if the cube has been well designed and tunned, one Kylin server
can support 50 to 150 QPS. From the Cisco team's experience, with enabling
some advanced features like query cache and prepared statement, one Kylin
server can support up to 500 QPS:

https://kylin.apache.org/blog/2019/01/17/cisco-throughput-5x/

If your QPS is not ideal, please try to tune a single query's performance
and optimize the cube design.

Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋
Apache Kylin PMC
Email: shaofengshi@apache.org

Apache Kylin FAQ: https://kylin.apache.org/docs/gettingstarted/faq.html
Join Kylin user mail group: user-subscribe@kylin.apache.org
Join Kylin dev mail group: dev-subscribe@kylin.apache.org

shicheng31604@gmail.com <sh...@gmail.com> 于2019年8月26日周一 下午4:32写道:

Re: Re: query concurrency

Posted by "shicheng31604@gmail.com" <sh...@gmail.com>.
Our deep storage  (hbase ) size   reaches 40T   ,  already  divided by the factor  of replica. And HBase has about 40 thousand  regions distributed on 10 hbase  nodes.
SQL statement is not so complex,  maybe ,here is an example:

    SELECT SUM(a.biz_amount) val, a.delivery_type AS type, SUM(a.trade_count) AS counts FROM bd_rept.v_fact_mind_trade_biz_view a WHERE a.brand_identy = 11349 AND a.shop_identy IN (12346) AND a.trade_biz_date >= cast('2019-08-01' AS date) AND a.trade_biz_date <= cast('2019-08-31' AS date) AND a.server_create_time_hour >= cast( '2019-08-01 10:00:00' AS TIMESTAMP ) AND a.server_create_time_hour <= cast( '2019-08-31 23:59:59' AS TIMESTAMP ) AND a.trade_status IN (4, 11) AND a.trade_pay_status IN (1, 3) AND a.trade_type IN (1, 3, 4) AND a.business_type IN (111, 221, 4324331, 51, 6, 71, 123423425, 16, 211111) AND a.delivery_type IN (234,21,345,135,310) GROUP BY a.delivery_type

I can't get cube design details now .But according  current known conditions, can we figure out where the problem is?
By the way, we found if  one query node got to many requests  then it would throw an exception as follows:

shicheng31604@gmail.com

From: ShaoFeng Shi
Date: 2019-09-02 13:34
To: user
Subject: Re: Re: query concurrency
Yes, it depends on the specific scenario. If you can provide the testing scenario, SQL queries, and detailed cube design, then we can discuss it.

Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋
Apache Kylin PMC
Email: shaofengshi@apache.org

Apache Kylin FAQ: https://kylin.apache.org/docs/gettingstarted/faq.html
Join Kylin user mail group: user-subscribe@kylin.apache.org
Join Kylin dev mail group: dev-subscribe@kylin.apache.org

shicheng31604@gmail.com <sh...@gmail.com> 于2019年9月2日周一 上午11:10写道:
 But if each SQL  statement is different, how much can QPS reach?

shicheng31604@gmail.com

Re: Re: query concurrency

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.

Re: Re: query concurrency