Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Luta, Raphael (VUN)" <Ra...@groupvu.Com> on 2002/10/03 10:27:51 UTC

RE: Strange Javascript Transfert using Jetspeed : encoding issue ?

This is probably because you kept your default Jetspeed encoding as UTF-8.
Since this is a variable length encoding, when encountering non-ASCII
characters
it uses 2 bytes instead of 1...

2 ways around it:
- either, make sure you never end a line with an accentuated character to
make
  you're not losing your lines because of parsing errors
- or, set the default encoding to iso-8859-1 (or iso-8859-15)

The best choice depends on whether you need to support non iso-8859-1
characters
in your content...

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org