Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Raffaele Spazzoli <rs...@imolinfo.it> on 2006/03/28 18:13:38 UTC

bpe service engine, log and bpel-wsdl linking

I'm trying to produce a demo using the bpe service engine and I'm
encuntering a lot problems due mainly to my ignorance about BPEL and
lack of documentation of the ode project (at least on apache I didn'
find anything it seems that even the code is not online yet) and the bpe
binding component.
Do you think that the bpe service engine in mature enough to produce a
demo since it has recently sustituted the pxe engine?
I've understood that I need a .bpel that represents the process file and
a .wsdl with the same name that represents the process external
interface. I attach them both.
When I deploy the su I get the following error
<----------- error ----------------->
Retrieving document at 'doubleecho'.
Mar 28, 2006 5:50:06 PM org.apache.ode.bpe.util.BPException log
SEVERE: [DoubleEchoProcess] message type im:EchoResponse not found. Make
sure the WSDL has been imported and namespaces have been set up
consistently.
org.apache.ode.bpe.deployment.bpel.DeploymentException:
[DoubleEchoProcess] message type im:EchoResponse not found. Make sure
the WSDL has been imported and namespaces have been set up consistently.
        at
org.apache.ode.bpe.deployment.bpel.BPELUtil.throwNewException(BPELUtil.java:45)
        at
org.apache.ode.bpe.deployment.bpel.BPELWSDLVariable.<init>(BPELWSDLVariable.java:65)
        at
org.apache.ode.bpe.deployment.bpel.BPELRepositoryHandler.buildVariable(BPELRepositoryHandler.java:302)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.ode.bpe.deployment.bpel.BPELSAXHandler.startElement(BPELSAXHandler.java:105)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl
$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
Source)
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl
$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.ode.bpe.deployment.bpel.BPELParser.parseBPEL(BPELParser.java:95)
        at
org.apache.ode.bpe.deployment.bpel.BPELDeploy.deployJar(BPELDeploy.java:177)
        at
org.apache.ode.bpe.bped.unmanaged.BPELDeployerSLImpl.loadDefinition(BPELDeployerSLImpl.java:78)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.bpe.BPEDeployer.deploy(BPEDeployer.java:84)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.common.BaseServiceUnitManager.doDeploy(BaseServiceUnitManager.java:87)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.common.BaseServiceUnitManager.deploy(BaseServiceUnitManager.java:68)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.DeploymentService.deployServiceAssembly(DeploymentService.java:526)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.updateArchive(AutoDeploymentService.java:257)
        at org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService
$2.run(AutoDeploymentService.java:507)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.connector.work.WorkerContext.run(WorkerContext.java:291)
        at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor
$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
[Fatal Error] :1:1: Content is not allowed in prolog.
<---------- error end ----------------->

notice that the bpe component seem not to use commons logging. Anyway I
understand that it does not find im:EchoResponse, which should be
visible if the .wsdl had been loaded correctly. If I delete the variable
statement the su get deployed and it exposes the wsdl correctly. So I
guess that the bpe engine doesn't see the .wsdl while the binding
component does. Perhaps the log: Retrieving document at 'doubleecho'.
means that the bpe engine is trying to load doubleecho from .? relative
to what? and how did it decided to look for doubleecho?

In synthesys:
1. how can I get more log from bpe?
2. how does bpe look for the correspondig wsdl given a .bpel?

thanks
Raffaele

Re: bpe service engine, log and bpel-wsdl linking

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Sure, please do.
ode-bpe uses java.util.logging so you must configure the logging
system to be more verbose.

Create a file logging.properties with the following:
handlers= java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler
.level= INFO
java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.formatter = java.util.logging.SimpleFormatter
java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.level = FINEST
org.apache.ode.level=FINE

And add the -Djava.util.logging.config.file=<path-to-config-file>
option when launching your java app.  It should work.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Raffaele Spazzoli <rs...@imolinfo.it>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.