Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Manuel Ochoa <ma...@ochoa-usa.com> on 2003/06/15 05:45:35 UTC

[users@httpd] Virtual Hosting - Special need

I want to configure Apache so that it will only respond to 2 virtual hosts I have set up. In other words, if someone types the ip address of the server into a browser, I do not want Apache to respond at all. I do not want a default server or default virtual host. Can this be done?

Re: [users@httpd] Virtual Hosting - Special need

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Sat, 14 Jun 2003, Manuel Ochoa wrote:

> I want to configure Apache so that it will only respond to 2 virtual
> hosts I have set up. In other words, if someone types the ip address of
> the server into a browser, I do not want Apache to respond at all. I do
> not want a default server or default virtual host. Can this be done?

No, because in order to know if the request is for a hostname or an IP
address, apache must accept and process the request's http request
headers.

Just put a
<Location />
Order allow,deny