Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by barnesjd <ba...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/04 16:56:06 UTC

[2.3.0] NoClassDefFoundError (wrong name: ...)

Hey guys, I've hit a strange class loading error while trying to deploy a web
archive in Karaf 2.3.0.  I'm new to OSGi in general.  I've experienced a lot
of success deploying jars, but I've yet to succeed with a wab deployment.  I
have all of my dependencies deployed, and the war service is active.  But it
seems that it's choking on the contents of one of my dependencies.

My wab is the  Scalatra helloworld
<http://scalatra.org/getting-started/first-steps.html>   application.  I
doctored the MANIFEST.MF to be OSGi-ready.  While the helloworld works great
as a standalone application, I get the error below in my karaf.log while
starting it as an OSGi bundle.  Please share any insight you may have into
this type of error.  Thanks!

(FYI, if this story sounds a little familiar, you may have read my  previous
post
<http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/2-3-0-Cannot-start-war-system-bundle-td4027118.html>
.)

Re: [2.3.0] NoClassDefFoundError (wrong name: ...)

Posted by barnesjd <ba...@gmail.com>.
I finally figured out the issue!  It wasn't related to Karaf or scalatra at
all.  I had created a tool to "osgi-ify" my dependencies, and it wasn't
doing it right.  I've detailed it in a blog post for anyone who is
interested.
http://barnesjd.wordpress.com/2013/01/26/noclassdeffounderror-wrong-name/