Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Evgeniy Strokin <ev...@yahoo.com> on 2007/10/02 12:44:04 UTC

Can UUID be changed?

Hello,
I have such problem: our own system uses jackrabbit and refer to nodes by UUID.
Lets say we need to remove some items temporarily but completely from jackrabbit.
After some time we want to get them back and map them back to our system. But when we put the items back jackrabbit creates UUID automatically. Now, using some special criteria we want to find an item and change it's UUID using value from our system.
Is this possible at all?
May be there are some other solutions?

Thank you
Gene

Re: Can UUID be changed?

Posted by David Nuescheler <da...@day.com>.
Hi Gene,

one solution is:
(1) Export the nodes (probably system view).
(2) Remove the nodes.
(3) Import the nodes again.

Exporting/Importing preserves the UUID ;)

regards,
david