Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Giovanni Fernandez-Kincade <gf...@capitaliq.com> on 2009/11/24 23:50:04 UTC

Index Splitter

Hi,
I've heard about a tool that can be used to split Lucene indexes, for cases where you want to break up a large index into shards. Do you know where I can find it? Any observations/recommendations about its use?

This seems promising but I'm not sure if there is anything more mature out there:
http://blog.foofactory.fi/2008/01/regenerating-equally-sized-shards-from.html

Thanks,
Gio.

Re: Index Splitter

Posted by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org>.
Koji Sekiguchi wrote:
> Giovanni Fernandez-Kincade wrote:
>> You can't really use this if you have an optimized index, right?
>>

> For optimized index, I think you can use MultiPassIndexSplitter.

Correct - MultiPassIndexSplitter can handle any index - optimized or
not, with or without deletions, etc. The cost for this flexibility is
that it needs to read index files multiple times (hence "multi-pass").

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><

Re: Index Splitter

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.
Giovanni Fernandez-Kincade wrote:
> You can't really use this if you have an optimized index, right?

For optimized index, I think you can use MultiPassIndexSplitter.

Koji

--
http://www.rondhuit.com/en/

RE: Index Splitter

Posted by Giovanni Fernandez-Kincade <gf...@capitaliq.com>.
You can't really use this if you have an optimized index, right?

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.