Posted to dev@libcloud.apache.org by Markos Gogoulos <mg...@mist.io> on 2017/03/09 10:42:09 UTC

[dev] OpenStack compute driver not working on trunk

Hi all,

I'm using the latest trunk, and the OpenStack driver is not working. I
believe this has to do with the recent major changes on
base.py/httplib_ssl.py , I'm trying to debug this now and will open a PR if
I find something.

After some initial quick debugging, the driver is initiated, authentication
works, but when it tries to ask the servers the compute endpoint is not
what it has taken out of keystone but self.connection.host has gotten a
value of 127.0.0.1 and so the call to compute endpoint cannot take place.

If you have any clues or if this addressed already please let me know. 2
days ago I saw that Azure compute driver has been broken too, this is based
on a certificate so I believe chances are that other drivers that use
certificates (as Docker TLS) might have problems as well.

Regards,
Markos

Re: [dev] OpenStack compute driver not working on trunk

Posted by anthony shaw <an...@gmail.com>.
Some extra steps to help diagnose the problem

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18578439/using-requests-with-tls-doesnt-give-sni-support

Posted by anthony shaw <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by anthony shaw <an...@gmail.com>.