Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by dmike <mi...@drapkin.org> on 2008/02/21 19:49:08 UTC

Problem accessing policy via external URI

I would like to store my policy information in a separate file and reference
it from within WSDL via wsp:PolicyReference/@URI attribute.  This does not
seem to work for me.

When I embed the policy details within the WSDL and then reference the
policy internally (e.g. <wsp:PolicyReference URI="#operation_policy"/>)
running wsdl2code produces desired results.  However when referencing the
same policy information via an external URI (e.g. <wsp:PolicyReference
URI="http://host/policy.xml#operation_policy"/>) the policy is ignored while
wsdl2code prints out an error "ERROR: Ignoring policy - null".

Having traced this flow I can see that the policy is retrieved from the
external URI, however when the call is made to AxisPolicyLocator.register()
the latter raises an UnsupportedOperationException which causes the
"Ignoring policy" message to be printed.  Can someone advise as to whether
Axis2 supports policy references via external URI's.  I understand that I
can modify the client code to get the policy from an external file, but I
would like to see this done automatically by wsdl2code utility when
processing my WSDL.  Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Michael

Re: Problem accessing policy via external URI

Posted by dmike <mi...@drapkin.org>.
I created the following JIRA for this:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-3536.

Thanks,