Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Enkhyl <en...@pobox.com> on 2001/02/15 05:41:55 UTC

apache 1.3 + mod_ssl + mod_webapp

I'm having trouble getting apache + mod_ssl + mod_webapp to
work properly.

I've looked at server.xml, httpd.conf, and various other
places for possible config errors.

When accessing https://<host>/examples/ it redirects to
http://<host>:443/examples/.

Any clues?

--
Christopher Nielsen - Metal-wielding pyro techie
cnielsen@pobox.com

Re: apache 1.3 + mod_ssl + mod_webapp

Posted by Enkhyl <en...@pobox.com>.
On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Rick Roberts wrote:

> HTTPS on Apache is usually done as a "virtual host".
> Check the Apache docs on "virtual hosting" and you will
> see the answer.

Yep. That's how it's configured.

> You may also be interested in "mod_rewrite", depending
> on how exotic you want to get.

Using it. I'll look at my rules again, but I'm not sure it's
an apache problem...

Posted by Rick Roberts <to...@ait-web.com>.
HTTPS on Apache is usually done as a "virtual host". Check the Apache docs on
"virtual hosting" and you will see the answer.

You may also be interested in "mod_rewrite", depending on how exotic you want
to get.

At any rate; I think that the docs cover this pretty well.

Hope this helps,

Rick