Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Kay Dörnemann <do...@Mathematik.Uni-Marburg.de> on 2009/04/01 09:32:53 UTC

[Fwd: svnadmin dump problem]

Hi,

I'm sorry if I missed an answer but I really need help! My colleagues
will kill my if I don't get it fixed. Thank you again.

Cheers,

Kay

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: svnadmin dump problem
Datum: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 16:09:55 +0200
Von: Kay Dörnemann <do...@Mathematik.Uni-Marburg.de>
An: users@subversion.tigris.org

Hi,

I recently upgraded from SVN 1.5 to 1.6 by compiling the source on MacOS
(10.4 PPC). Everything seemed to work fine (I didn't test each
repository in detail) but then I tried to transfer my repositories from
BDB (BerkeleyDB.4.6.21) to FSFS:
svnadmin dump /svnBDB/myRepX -q | svnadmin load /svnFSFS/myRepX
That worked fine for 35 of my repositories but failed for the last one.
This is a large one with about 2500 revisions. I tried svnadmin recover
and the --deltas and --incremental switches for dump but every time the
dump fails with:
svnadmin: No such representation 'rv5'
and
svnadmin: Incomplete or unterminated property block

Additionally I tried db_recover -vceh but like svnadmin recover it
completes successfully but the dump still fails.
I searched the web but couldn't find a solution. Maybe someone on the
list could help me?

Thanks.

Cheers,

Kay

Dipl.-Inform. Kay Dörnemann
Distributed Systems Group      | Information Systems Institute
University of Marburg, Germany | University of Siegen, Germany
Phone: +49-6421-28-21563       | +49-271-740-4075
Fax:   +49-6421-28-21573       | +49-271-740-2372

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=1505192

Re: [Fwd: svnadmin dump problem]

Posted by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu>.
[ cross posting so others know this has been responded to; please send
replies to the users list only. ]

I don't know the answer for your question, but please don't cross post
between the developer and user lists.  Your question is about the
usage of Subversion, not its development, and as such it violates the
charter of the development list.  The dev list is *not* an escalation
path for unanswered queries on the user list.

See http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2008-12/0288.shtml for more
information.

Thanks,
-Hyrum