Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by je...@bc.com on 2001/01/24 18:58:37 UTC

Tomcat

I'm running Tomcat 3.2.1, IIS 4.0 on Windows NT.

I have configured a virtual directory within IIS (test) and I am not having
any luck pointing to a directory other than examples.

For example:

www.foo.com/examples <http://www.foo.com/examples>   --- works fine
www.foo/com/test <http://www.foo/com/test>      --- same code doesn't work
fine.

I'm continuing to look through the documentation, but don't see a clear way
to have Tomcat point to an IIS virtual directory.

-Jeff

Re: Tomcat

Posted by Steve Ruby <st...@rubysolutions.com>.
jeff_battisti@bc.com wrote:

> I'm running Tomcat 3.2.1, IIS 4.0 on Windows NT.
>
> I have configured a virtual directory within IIS (test) and I am not having
> any luck pointing to a directory other than examples.
>
> For example:
>
> www.foo.com/examples <http://www.foo.com/examples>   --- works fine
> www.foo/com/test <http://www.foo/com/test>      --- same code doesn't work
> fine.
>
> I'm continuing to look through the documentation, but don't see a clear way
> to have Tomcat point to an IIS virtual directory.

Did you include something like
/test/*
in your uriworkermap.properties file?

You don't configure extra virtual directories for tomcat within IIS, you
configure only ONE virtual directory called jakarta, which is sounds
like you have working, extra directories are configured on the
tomcat end in the uriworkermap.properties file, if you didn't edit
it that would explain your problem since /examples/* is defined
in there by default.