Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Daniel Morilha <dm...@gmail.com> on 2022/05/06 17:10:11 UTC

QUIC implementation

Greetings ATSers,

long time no hear from you, since December I've joined MongoDB to work on
their networking layer which features a state machine on top of a simplex
state machine per TCP connection.

As they look towards revamping their mongo proxy, I though ATS would be an
excellent software to compare with.

As depth as my analysis and understanding go, nothing obvious seems to
prevent the adoption of QUIC as their transport layer. I've recently
browsed through the ATS source and saw quic now as part of iocore/net and
am curious to know how adopted and stable it is. In a binary question, is
one of the big supporters for ATS already using QUIC on prod?

I am also curious to know if the Spring summit will have any specific
session related to it.

Thank you,
--
Daniel Morilha (dmorilha@gmail.com)