Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Mark Lundquist <ml...@comcast.net> on 2005/09/03 00:45:26 UTC

Hi,

I have yet to use <map:include>, but now that I want it I get
"org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException:
Element 'include' is not allowed at blah blah blah..."

I thought this was in 2.1.7... ?  But there's no mention of it
athttp://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/changes.html#version_2.1.7

I looked at components/treeprocessor/treeprocessor-builtins.xml,
thinking it would have to be in there if it's supported, and didn't find
it.  But then, I didn't find it in BRANCH_2_1_X either, and then I
didn't find it in trunk/ in sitemap-language.xml, which I presume
replaces treemap-builtins.xml, either... (I don't really know anything
about the sitemap implementation, I'm just grubbing  around...)

d'uh... what am I missing?

Somebody please flip me a clue :-/

------
mark (feeling really out of it...)

Re:

Posted by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com>.
On Sep 3, 2005, at 12:21 AM, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> It's not handled by the treeprocessor, but by the CoreServiceManager
> which is configured with the contents of <map:components>. It's not a
> new sitemap instruction, which is why you haven't found it in
> sitemap-language.xml

Errrr.... right.  OK, I get it (looking more closely at
sitemap-language.xml and AbstractParentProcessingNodeBuilder...)

>> d'uh... what am I missing?
>
> Well, that's <include> that is missing :-)

Ha!  Indeed... :-)

Instead of having big humungous sitemap files, I like to split them up.
  I use XML entities for this, but when I saw <map:include>, I thought
"Ah, finally!  <map:include>, that's my buddy!"  Bummer.

—ml—

Re:

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Mark Lundquist wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have yet to use <map:include>, but now that I want it I get
> "org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException:
> Element 'include' is not allowed at blah blah blah..."
>
> I thought this was in 2.1.7... ?  But there's no mention of it
> athttp://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/changes.html#version_2.1.7

It's in 2.2 only...

> I looked at components/treeprocessor/treeprocessor-builtins.xml,
> thinking it would have to be in there if it's supported, and didn't
> find it.  But then, I didn't find it in BRANCH_2_1_X either, and then
> I didn't find it in trunk/ in sitemap-language.xml, which I presume
> replaces treemap-builtins.xml, either... (I don't really know anything
> about the sitemap implementation, I'm just grubbing  around...)

It's not handled by the treeprocessor, but by the CoreServiceManager
which is configured with the contents of <map:components>. It's not a
new sitemap instruction, which is why you haven't found it in
sitemap-language.xml

> d'uh... what am I missing?

Well, that's <include> that is missing :-)

Sylvain